Rich, dark chocolate, sweet natural almond, and a creamy truffle center make up each morsel in this simple, guilt-free recipe. Chocolate is one of the most well-known aphrodisiac foods, which makes it the obvious choice for Valentine’s Day! This recipe gives you chocolate, with all its benefits, without the excess sugar! It’s the perfect treat to show love for yourself and your health too!
•1 1/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
•1/2 cup chopped almonds
•1 stick salted butter, softened (Use coconut oil to make this recipe vegan. If using coconut oil you’ll want to add extra salt, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon)
•1/3 cup confectioner’s swerve (you can also use regular powdered sugar)
•1 teaspoon almond extract
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer a no sugar variety like @lilys_sweets)
•sea salt, coconut, or topping of your choice
- In a mixing bowl, beat or stir together butter, swerve, almond extract, and vanilla extract until creamed together. Add almond meal and chopped almonds and mix in.
- Roll in a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 min or more.
- Heat chocolate chips for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds. Repeat in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with wax paper. Roll dough into 1” balls and place on wax paper.
- Using a spoon, dip each ball into melted chocolate and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt, shredded coconut or other topping of your choice.
Refrigerate to store.
Fast Eat Live Phase 2 & 3
Keywords: chocolate, phase 2, phase 3