I bring to you the perfect healthy and delicious comfort food chili. You can make it in bulk and freeze for later or gift to a neighbor or friend in need. It uses simple ingredients, which are all easy to obtain. It is naturally gluten free, but can be made vegan too! (If making vegan, skip the ground meat). This makes the perfect dip for your corn chips too! You can make it with all beans or a mix of ground beef (or chicken).
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (turkey or chicken)
- 1 large zucchini or squash, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can V8 juice
- 1–2 cans pinto or black beans
- 8 oz cream cheese (optional)
- 1.5 cups frozen corn
- Garnish with lime, cilantro, sour cream,shredded cheese
- Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in heavy-bottomed pot. Sauté diced onion and garlic on low heat until tender. Add in ground meat (if using) and cook thoroughly.
- When meat is browned, add diced carrots and squash/zucchini. Sauté until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, V8 juice, frozen corn, spices, and salt. Bring heat up until bubbling. Then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Add in cream cheese block, and cut in to melt.
- When cooked through, ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh lime juice, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese, or diced scallions.