Strawberries are so sweet and gorgeous this time of year! 🍓 I served this strawberry, feta, toasted walnut salad with a raw local honey balsamic dressing. This will make 4 side salads
- 6 cups mixed baby spinach and mixed greens
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 4 rounds Red onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups Sliced strawberries
Honey Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs Raw honey
- Raw walnuts are great, but if you want to toast them for the salad it is quite simple in a skillet. Heat walnuts in a dry, heavy skillet (I use my cast iron) over medium heat for about 2 min or until golden brown. Since the nuts will burn easily in a skillet, stir while cooking to toast evenly. They should smell nice and toasty. Set nuts aside.
- Make your dressing by adding ingredients to a lidded container or mason jar. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Create a bed of greens on each plate, dividing evenly.
- layer with sliced strawberries, red onions, and walnut.
- Top with feta
- Drizzle each salad with 1-2 Tbs of salad dressing