I’ve been seeing a lot of watermelon food posts now as summer is in full swing ?I’ve also been enjoying some mint mojitos from my abundance of mint in the garden; and as a cheese lover, mix that into a recipe whenever possible. Here is my version of a *Watermelon Feta Mint Mojito Salad including a fav of mine, pine nuts! The lime adds just the right amount of zest! This salad was devoured by everyone including the kids, who couldn’t get enough…??[ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- 1 Personal size seedless watermelon cut into cubes (approx 8 cups)
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (use dry pan to toast a few minutes, turning frequently so as not to burn.
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 6-8 mint leaves chopped
- Toast pine nuts by placing in dry skillet on medium heat. Toss frequently until golden and fragrant.
- In a dish mix olive oil, lime juice and zest
- In a large serving bowl place cucumber, watermelon, feta and mint leaves.
- Add pine nuts and dressing mixture. Toss well!