Fresh marinated vegetables mixed with olives, pepperroncini and feta cheese make this salad a perfect anytime side or full meal! Make it ahead and it’s even better the next day! Bring it to a potluck though and you won’t have any left to take home, I promise!!
If you are following along our Fast.Eat.Live. journey this is a perfect Phase 1 Salad/side dish!
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4-6 oz. olives (kalamata, green, or black) sliced or whole
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperroncini (from a jar)
- 1/2 cup herbed (or plain) feta cheese
- 8-10 salami pieces, sliced in strips
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) & black pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- optional: pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl mix: olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and parsley
- In a medium to large serving bowl or ziplock bag add: broccoli, cauliflower, olives, pepperoncini, feta, and salami. Toss well with oil and vinegar dressing. Place in the fridge sealed (covered, if in a bowl). Let marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably more than 6 hours. Toss well before serving. Enjoy! This will last in your fridge for days.