I could eat peanut butter every day of my life! This frozen treat is creamy, high protein, probiotic and delicous! Like most of my dessert recipes, with the exception of a few, this has no refined sugar. The raw local honey I use is a perfect compliment to the salted peanut butter! I learned this recipe when I was young from a woman at church and have adapted to my personal tastes over the years. She used muffin tins and wood popsicle sticks, so whenever I make them I have stuck to this tradition. (recipe makes about 10 in a muffin tin) However, regular popsicle molds would work perfectly too.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I prefer salted & crunchy)
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt (I use whole milk Greek)
- 1 cup milk or a milk alternative(I prefer coconut or almond milk)
- 1/2-3/4 cup honey, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tsp vanilla extract[/ingredients][directions title=”Directions”]
- mix ingredients well or use blender.
- Pour into 12 cup muffin tin.
- Place in freezer.
- When nearly frozen push wood Popsicle sticks into centers.
- When ready to eat, run bottom of muffin tin under water for about 15 seconds or let sit on the counter for a couple of minutes so the treats pop out easily.