Nut butter and dark chocolate = marriage made in heaven😍 especially with a touch of sea salt! They’re a perfect bite-sized indulgence! I made these for Valentine’s Day for my husband. Being a trainer, he’s not a big dessert guy, but a little taste of peanut butter and dark chocolate, he’s in heaven!
Use good quality chocolate and all-natural favorite nut butter. Almond, cashew, or sunflower seed butter are great in these too. Makes about 18 balls:
- 8 oz. chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I prefer a super dark Belgian Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 3 Tbsp softened salted butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar (I used evaporated cane juice powder)
- Mix peanut butter and butter together.
- Sift in powdered sugar so it doesn’t form lumps and mix well.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper and shape into 1 inch balls.
- Refrigerate sheet with prepared balls for about 20 min or more.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or in a pan, being careful not to burn. (If in a microwave heat about 2 min, remove, stir chocolate well, and heat again until melted).
- Dip refrigerated peanut balls in chocolate one at a time and sprinkle with a little sea salt or kosher salt.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.