Ok it could be bacon anything and I’m probably in, but add a few of my favorite ingredients? Even better! Here’s a tasty combo of PALEO friendly ingredients for texture, flavors, and spring freshness! A serving of this boasts over 200% of your rec vitamin C and a good ol’ dose of folic acid?
- 1 head of kale chopped, stems removed (about 8 cups loosely packed)
- 6-8 slices thick cut all natural, nitrite-free bacon
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves chopped (or other herb of choice)
- Cook your bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- While bacon is cooking prepare your vinaigrette dressing by adding all ingredients to a lidded container or mason jar. Shake well to combine.
- After your bacon cooks, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel on a plate.
- Then drain much of the grease from the skillet, leaving 1-2 Tbs to sauté your onion. Turn heat to medium low and let caramelize, tossing so as not to burn. When translucent and tender remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add your kale, cherry tomatoes, and avocado. Then break bacon into pieces to add in. Add your onion.
- Finally pour in desired amount of vinaigrette (nutrition label below depicts full amount of dressing) Toss salad completely!