I love a good hearty salad, packed with fresh ingredients and a lot of protein…and yes, I am a fan of BACON. However, if you’re not a pork eater, this salad is tremendous with just the chicken and homemade dressing on its own! You might find yourself dipping your fingers in to the garlicky dressing to lick it up and certainly scraping the dish clean
We all love a good salad and this one totally hits the spot, but with fewer calories than similar ones you would find in most restaurants. With the chicken breast, bacon and Greek yogurt dressing you’re packing in almost 30 gm of protein per serving. It’s gluten-free, fresh and delicious for a lunch or a dinner!
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (or other variety of lettuce) torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 4 sliced radishes
- 4 green onions diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (6-8 oz)
- 8 sliced all natural nitrite-free thick cut bacon cooked and torn in pieces
Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or more greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs milk or water
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 green onions chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a dish and set aside. Thin with more water or milk if desired.
- Layer lettuce, then vegetables on four individual dinner plates.
- Top with chicken and bacon pieces.
- Drizzle with 1/4 amount of dressing or 2-3 Tbs