Chewy, sweet, and delicious, fresh FIGS are a delicacy! Did you know figs are actually the inverted flowers of the tree, not technically the fruit? I’m all about these edible flowers! They are a perfect pairing with fresh, creamy goat cheese and fresh greens.
While most salad dressings are where an abundance of unhealthy calories lie, this simple herby vinaigrette is made with avocado oil, which is loaded with necessary healthy fats your body craves, not the inflammatory oils you’ll find in most commercial dressings!
Complimented by nuts and rosemary, you’ll be blown away by this simple salad. Serves 4
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 10-12 fresh black mission figs, quartered
- 4 oz. fresh chévre, crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Distribute spinach greens between your plates. Layer with figs, chèvre and walnuts.
- In a mason jar or other lidded container add your salad dressing ingredients and mix/shake well. Drizzle over the top of your salad.