Oh how I love a big antipasto plate! Meats, cheese and marinated veggies… Well here it is in my perfect Salad. Its packed with protein, 200% of your vitamin C and more! It’s loaded with B vitamins which definitely helps with mood this time of year! Seriously I need an extra dose with the gray and wet November skies we are experiencing. So whether it’s help with PMS, depression or just the need for an energy boost you’re in need of make sure your B vitamins are nice and high with your food intake! Well, your mood will probably be enhanced with the mouth watering flavors anyway…
Serves 2 large dinner plates
- 2 cups lettuce varieties ie. romaine (torn into bite sized pieces)
- 2 cups spinach or baby kale
- 6 oz. cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 oz. uncured all natural salami (nitrite free)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers (or red or yellow bell peppers)
- 4 peperoncinis
- 2 Tbs chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced olives (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried herbs (basil, parsley, oregano)
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a lidded jar and shake well or in a dish and whisk until well combined.
- Layer your salad in order listed, dividing evenly between two dinner plates.
- Drizzle each salad with half the amount of dressing (or less if you like).