Here is an incredibly fresh dinner salad you’ll love just as October is starting and apples are making their way to their perfect season. Not only is this dish simple, but feels so refreshing and nutritious. It’s the perfect amount of savory, with the goat cheese and herbed salmon, tangy with lemon juice, and sweet with the crisp apples! A high protein, fresh vegetable dish is perfect for the main and pairs well with a warm puréed soup! Try “Carrot Coconut Curry Soup” recipe. This meal is very low in carbohydrates, but extra high in protein, with salmon, cheese, and chickpeas, including a good source of your necessary omega 3’s. So often it’s the salad dressing that gets you on unhealthy oils and extra calories you don’t need, but not this dressing. This one is packed with nutrition! Check out the vitamins and minerals in the nutrition info. Serves 2 dinner sized plate portions.
- 2 cooked salmon fillets (These are simply baked with salt, pepper, dill, and garlic)
- 4 cups torn lettuce, spinach or favorite salad greens
- 1 small green apple, cored and cut into slices
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1/3 cup crumbled chévre cheese (or crumbled feta)
- 1/2 cup diced snap peas
- 2 green parts scallions sliced
- 1/3 cup cooked and drained chick peas
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tsp spicy brown or dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- In a small dish, whisk dressing ingredients to mix well.
- Layer salad ingredients on your individual plates and drizzle with your homemade dressing.