Fresh, crisp, and fulfilling on this weekday night to finish off a busy work day! This salad is easy to assemble for a simple weeknight dinner, especially if you have some leftover steak from a previous day. This salad is protein and flavor packed, and drizzled with a simple savory homemade vinaigrette. This recipe makes 2 large dinner plate-sized salads or 4 salad plate-sized servings:
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves torn in pieces
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1 cup small vine ripened tomatoes or other variety, halved
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 rounds of thinly sliced red onion
- 8 oz. sliced grilled steak, cooked medium well
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola blue cheese crumbles
Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 1/8 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- dash of salt
- fresh ground peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Assemble salad with ingredients in the order listed. Divide between 2 dinner plates or 4 salad plates.
- In a mason jar or other lidded container, shake the dressing ingredients until well-blended.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the top.
Nutrition label indicated for salad plate sized portions