Steak on a Monday night just makes the start of a new week a heck of a lot better! 🍴Try this fresh, savory paleo dinner salad packed with protein (42 gm), vitamins, and minerals. Steak (especially grass-fed) is high in B vitamins, including folic acid which can help stabilize mood (anxiety and depression included). Perfect for a Monday! Spinach, beets and avocados also contain folic acid and additional B’s. This salad is even quicker to prepare on a weeknight if you have previously cooked your cauliflower and beets. For the cauliflower refer to my “lemon garlic roasted cauliflower” side dish recipe. It’s my fav! We had that earlier in the week and I saved a cup to create a salad with! Makes 2 dinner plate sized salads. Split between 4 plates if you want to fit on salad plates instead.[ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 oz. seared good quality steak (any cut you like)
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or defrosted from frozen)
- 1/2 cup cooked sliced beets
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients in a lidded container or mason jar and shake until well combined.
- Sear steak. Generously salt and pepper each side. Grill or cook in a cast iron skillet.
- Layer salad in order listed.
- Drizzle with about 3 Tbs dressing each if you are making two large dinner sized servings.