💛Make this delicious bright yellow warm health drink part of your evening routine! Turmeric has been used medicinally for thousands of years and has been highly studied for its health benefits. Turmeric contains curcumin, which has properties to fight inflammatory diseases, digestion issues, immune problems, and cancer. Making a paste and incorporating it into your diet is excellent prevention. Mixing with these other fantastic ingredients makes a healthful delicious beverage. It also helps detox the liver, improves skin, and help brain function! Turmeric is an ingredient found in curry powder, so check out some of the additional delicious recipes I have posted with curry in them.
Adding black pepper helps the body absorb the turmeric much better, 2000 times better actually!
To make golden milk, you’ll first want to make your turmeric paste:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup powdered turmeric
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil
- Mix in turmeric and simmer for about 5 minutes stirring, until paste is formed.
- Then mix in Black pepper
Let your paste cool and store in an airtight glass jar in fridge for up to 2 wks.
There are a number of recipes to make golden milk. I personally like the addition of raw ginger for additional health benefits and cinnamon to taste.
Per one person serving you’ll want:
- 1 cup coconut, hemp, or almond milk (I love Califia Farms unsweetened toasted coconut almond blend)
- Small piece of raw peeled ginger
- 1/4 tsp or more of turmeric paste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Raw honey and cinnamon (optional)
- In a Vitamix or other powerful blender blend your milk and ginger.
- I wait to add the turmeric until the next step because it will discolor my plastic Vitamix blender. Pour milk mixture into a saucepan and whisk in turmeric paste and coconut oil.
- Heat on low heat, being careful not to boil. Because turmeric is fat-soluble you’ll get more benefit with the addition of the coconut oil. Add raw honey to taste. Pour in a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon[/directions]