Healthy, delicious and very economical. You may even have all the ingredients on hand right now. It stores well in the fridge for days. With carrots, ginger, garlic, curry, onions and coconut you’ve got a powerful immune-boosting dish. This soup loaded with nutrition and compliments any meal or enjoy as your main with your favorite bread!
(About 6 servings)
- 2 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
- 5 cups peeled diced carrots
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a heavy-bottomed pot heat oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and onions. Sauté until tender.
- Add carrots and sauté a few more minutes, tossing in with onion mixture.
- Then add curry powder and salt and sauté another minute.
- Pour in broth and turn heat up to high to bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 20 min.
- Add coconut milk and transfer to a blender in batches to purée. Alternatively, you can use a handheld blender to purée right inside your pot.
- Ladle into bowls and add a touch of cayenne pepper if you like!