This is rich and cheesy soup, reminiscent of your favorite Southwestern nacho cheese dip. However, you’ll love that it’s actually a healthy low-carb, protein packed meal! Slurp away every last delicious drop of this soup, guilt-free!!
I have tried others’ Keto enchilada soup recipes as part of Phase 2 of our Fast.Eat.Live. system . I then created my own version, upgraded the ingredients, and adapted these recipes to the Instant pot. What you will find in this recipe is the perfect combination of Mexican flavors, creamy cheesiness, a balance of flavors, with an Artful Palate fresh flair.
Here I bring to you a simple Instant Pot recipe you will love. It is also adaptable to your stovetop if needed.
- 4 chicken breasts, raw, not frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 oz. salsa verde or green enchilada sauce
- 3.5 oz. canned diced green chiles
- 2-4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and avocado slices or chunks
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to your instant pot. Add chicken breasts to the pot and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Release pressure manually. **If you choose use frozen chicken breasts increase cook time to 25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, add the following ingredients to your Vitamix or other powerful blender: 2 cups chicken broth, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salsa verde, and spices. Blend until well puréed. You made need to do this in batches to accommodate quantity.
- Remove cooked chicken from your instant pot and shred. This is simple to do with two forks. Add chicken back into the instant pot and pour blended cheese mixture over the top. Add spinach and canned chiles.
- Seal lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Again, you can manually release pressure when cooking is completed. When fully cooked, and steam released, remove lid, squeeze in fresh lime, and stir. Add up to 2 more cups chicken broth, depending on the consistency you like. When ready, ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro and avocado chunks.
- **For the stovetop, you can follow these steps in the same order. You will just need to increase cooking time to accommodate the lower heat.
Fast.Eat.Live. Phase 2 & 3 https://fasteatlive.com