This is home comfort food at its finest. It’s protein-packed, flavorful, and best of all, guilt-free. Crispy on the outside and creamy cheese and mustard rolled in the center. This makes a perfect simple dinner or a great appetizer sliced up on a platter. Mustard sauce is optional, but oh so tasty. You’ll love this KETO meal!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2-4 slices swiss cheese
- 2-4 thin slices of ham
- 2 teaspoons dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon or more to taste, dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375′.
- Slice raw chicken breasts in half length-wise, butterflying, and keeping one side connected. spread mustard on open breast. Place 1 or 2 slices of cheese on chicken, then one or 2 slices of ham on top (depending on size of cuts). I prefer covering the open breast.
- Roll chicken breast and secure with toothpicks. The more you close them up, the less the melted cheese will run out. Salt and pepper chicken.
- In a bowl combine almond meal, parmesan, and thyme.
- In a separate bowl whisk your egg. Then dip chicken in egg mixture and follow by rolling stuffed breasts in the almond meal mixture. Then place on parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through (check with a knife).
- Meanwhile, while chicken is cooking you can prepare sauce. Heat butter, milk, thyme, mustard and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese on medium low heat, stirring. Whisk in arrowroot powder until desired thickness is achieved. We careful not to let sauce boil as it will boil over quickly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, slice chicken breasts and remove toothpicks. Then drizzle with sauce.