Nutty, savory little chicken bites make the perfect protein addition to so many dishes or just served on their own! These are a favorite in our house, and any time I make a plate, they are polished off by my kids in minutes. Cooked in healthy oils and covered with a nutritious golden nut, egg, and cheese coating, they are a great alternative to chicken nuggets. I personally love these served over my “Lemon Parmesan Basil Kelp Noodle” recipe. (See image) These are keto-friendly, low carb, gluten-free, and packed with nutrition. This is a perfect dish for Phase 2 & 3 for Fast.Eat.Live. members.
- Two chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 + tablespoons of avocado oil, olive oil, or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dired basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg[/ingredients][directions title=”
- In a small dish whisk egg. In a second dish mix together: almond meal, parmesan cheese, basil, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons or more of oil of our choice on medium heat.
- With a fork or just your fingers, take each chicken breast and dip into egg, then almond flour mixture, and place in hot oil in skillet. Cook for a few minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through, and crust is browned. You may need to do two batches, depending on size of your skillet.
- Serve over noodle dish!
Fast.Eat.Live. Phase 2 & 3 https://fasteatlive.com