Tangy, naturally sweet, and oh so satisfying! This soup will satisfy every craving you have of sitting in your favorite Thai restaurant and sipping on this warming and nutritious traditional dish. I crafted this recipe for the Instant pot, simply because I’m impatient and wanted it as quick as can be! This is as easy as it gets, but will hit your palate with a burst of flavor. You ca make it stove top too, it will just take a little more cooking time.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, copped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3″ piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped or crushed
- one stalk lemon grass, cut into pieces
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 8 oz. mushroom variety
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Aminos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 2 large limes
- chopped cilantro and green onion to garnish
- Heat olive oil in instant pot with chopped ginger, garlic, onion, and red curry paste. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and chicken. Pressure cook for about 15 minutes. If cooking chicken from frozen, increase cooking time to 30 minutes. When done, manually release pressure.
- Add in mushrooms, coconut milk, and coconut cream and pressure cook for 5 minutes. When done, manually release pressure.
- When completed, squeeze in lime juice, fish sauce, aminos, and stir.Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro.