This twist on a classic Chinese soup recipe from start to finish is even speedier than Chinese take-out! Super cost-effective, low calorie, nutritious, surprisingly filling, and oh so tasty!
Perfect healthy comfort food ready in 15 minutes and bowls cleaned in 2!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 eggs
- 1 small head bok choy
- 1 medium carrot grated or diced in small pieces
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 scallions
- 1 sheet dried seaweed
- 1.5 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 tso sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Heat olive oil in soup pot on med heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Dice scallions and set aside for garnish.
- Add bok choy and carrot and sauté another few minutes.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and white pepper. Turn up heat to bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 10 min.
- Add one egg at a time, whisking with a fork to slowly create ribbons, making sure to break up yolk. It will cook up quickly in the soup
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each with scallions.