This dish is perfect when you are craving Chinese take-out, but want a healthier version! It takes just a couple of minutes to throw in your crockpot, and when you’re ready for dinner its even quicker than driving our for pick-up! Talk about an easy dinner. Plus, the aroma of garlic, ginger and soy sauce simmering in the house for hours is heavenly. Serve with a vegetable side for a complete meal! Check out my cucumber salad recipe or beans, kale or broccoli side dish.
- 2.5 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 small sliced onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder for thickening
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- chopped scallions to garnish
- Place chicken and onion slices in the crockpot.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a dish and pour on top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice or other preferred grain and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
Nutrition label indicated for crockpot chicken without rice