In light of today being National Taco Day on Taco Tuesday I had no choice but to make tacos for dinner like everyone else in the country! I guarantee you’ll love these chili lime tacos!
- 2 seasoned chicken breasts (makes about 6 tacos- See seasoning suggestion in directions below)
- 2 Tbs olive oil (plus olive oil as needed for heating tortillas in the pan)
- 1 avocado sliced thinly
- 1 Tbs sour cream for each taco (optional)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 thinly sliced white onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco Mexican cheese
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- about 6 Tortillas (your choice of wheat or corn)
- Olive oil as needed for cooking tacos
- Generously coat your chicken in seasoning. “The Gourmet Collection” makes a nice Chili and lime seasoning blend. If you don’t have this, just use chili powder, a bit of cumin, salt and pepper. Your lime accent will also come with fresh squeezed lime
- Heat about olive oil in skillet. Sear chicken on medium high heat until cooked through and browned.
- Thinly slice chicken breasts for tacos.
- In a separate skillet/pan or the one you used for chicken wiped clean, heat each tortilla in olive oil a minute or 2 on each side until slightly browned.
- Divide sliced chicken between tortillas
- Top with above toppings (divide between tacos). Finish by squeezing fresh lime over your filling!