Friday night Stir-Fry!! Here is a fresh, simple, and satisfying dish the whole family will love.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1-1 1/2 pound chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 3 large kale leaves chopped with stems removed
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
•1 Tbsp olive oil •3 cloves garlic crushed •2″ piece fresh peeled ginger chopped •2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
•1 T sesame oil •1/2 cup water •2 Tbsp arrowroot powder •2 Tbsp honey •1/2 cup soy sauce or tamari
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a skillet (I always prefer my cast iron skillet) and cook chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Remove chicken from pan and place in a dish.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté vegetables until al dente.
- Mix chicken pieces back in.
- While making stir fry cook your sauce in a separate saucepan. Heat 1 Tbsp oil on medium low heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, sautéing until tender. Beeing careful not to burn.
- Stir in soy sauce, water, honey, vinegar and sesame oil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder and stir until mixture thickens. Add more water or arrowroot powder to achieve preferred consistency.
- Pour over your stir fry, add cashews, and toss all to combine.
- Serve with rice!