Before we say good bye to the weekend here is a meal that will make you feel like you’re sitting in the midst of palm trees and sunshine, relaxing Island-style. 🌴The flavor of everything is incredible and will take you under 30 minutes to prepare. Most recipes for encrusted fish include wheat breadcrumbs. This is a gluten-free paleo version I created tonight and it is absolutely phenomenal. The kids loved it too! Served this with my tropical pineapple coconut rice and garlic beans (see recipes for these under “sides” (serves 4)
- 4 Mahi Mahi fillets (about a pound total)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter melted
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- salt and pepper to taste (less salt if your nuts are salted)
- Preheat oven to 375′.
- Spray foil lined baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Finely chop macadamia nuts or use us a food processor
- Lay fillets on sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix remaining ingredients and press into top of fish.
- Bake for about 16-18 min. Then broil for a minute or 2 to brown.