Super-packed with vitamins, minerals and vegetarian protein this main dish wrap makes an ideal warm weather lunch or dinner! Wraps are such a versatile meal and a good way to pack in lots of greens and vegetables–kinda like a hand-held salad. Prepare in a traditional flour wrap or use a big chard leaf if you want to skip the flour. Make a big batch of Sweet Potato Hummus (see Appetizers) and you are set for an abundance of snacks and meals. The recipe featured under appetizers uses purple sweet potatoes, but as you can see with this I used the traditional orange-flesh variety. This hummus is highly nutritious and a fantastic spin on traditional hummus. You can also prepare the wraps and cut them into small pinwheels for a platter of mini appetizers. The hummus recipe will give you enough for 12 wraps! This recipe below provides directions for making one wrap, which is equivalent to one serving.
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla
- 1/3 cup sweet potato hummus
- 1/2 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 handful baby kale or spinach
- 1/4 cup cucumber slices
- 1/4 cup diced or sliced sweet pepper
- optional: extra virgin olive oil and red or white wine vinegar
- Spread hummus over wrap.
- Sprinkle with feta
- Layer cucumber and peppers
- Place a handful of greens
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and vinegar if you like
- Fold to wrap!