Melty cheesey sandwiches make the perfect weekend comfort food lunch! Kids ate every crumb, loading up on a big dose of omega 3’s. For Tuna Salad:
- Sliced bread of your choice
- 3 five oz. can wild albacore tuna (or about 15 oz cooked fresh)
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise or alternative
- 3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped celery (optional)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped dill pickles (optional)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for at least 5-10 minutes for flavors to marinate.
Toast bread (I used Essential Baking Company’s “Rosemary Bread”)
- Top your toast with a few spoonfulls of your tuna salad.
- Layer with a couple tomato slices (optional)
- Top with sliced sharp cheddar cheese (I used Whole Foods Organic White Cheddar)
- Broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted and browned!
Nutrition info for tuna salad: