Summer is in full force and so are the Farmer’s markets! I couldn’t help but load up on these beautiful edible flowers. Everything tastes fresher and more flavorful when in season. I grabbed handfuls of these colorful Nasturtiums, which are a bit spicy and peppery. They pair well with the bell peppers, radishes, and the spicy greens mix I used here. The fresh burrata cheese is a creamy finish with the citrus dressing. This is a salad dressing that is good for you, so don’t skimp!
This recipe makes 2 personal salads.
- 4 handfuls of greens mix (your choice of combination: kale, dandelion greens, lettuce, spinach, arugula, radiccio)
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced or sliced
- 2 large radishes, sliced
- 1 roma or similar sized tomato, chopped or cut into wedges
- 8-10 natsturtium flowers
- 3-4 ounces fresh burrata cheese (fresh mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Divide greens mixed between 2 plates. Top with bell peppers, sliced radishes, tomatoes and radishes. Then finish with cheese and flowers.
- In a small dish whisk dressing ingredients together. Drizzle over salad.