Perfectly Pear, Pomegranate, Raspberry, and Gorgonzola Green Salad
You’ll love the flavors and textures in this sweet and savory fresh salad. Crunchy toasted nuts compliment the tangy blue cheese and sweet fruits. I love balsamic vinegar with fruits, and this one has a little fresh garlic and raw honey, creating complex and delicious accent.
- 8 cups fresh washed greens (pictured with 6 cups baby spinach and 2 cups chopped lettuce)
- 1 pear, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 2/3 cup walnut or pecan halves
- 4 oz. gorgonzola blue cheese, crumbled
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast your nuts. Heat them for a few minutes, turning with a spatula, until slightly golden and fragrant.
- I prefer to arrange this salad on a serving platter or individual plates so the heavier fruit and nuts do not sink to the bottom of a deep bowl. Layer salad in the order of ingredients listed.
- Mix your dressing ingredients in a lidded container and shake vigorously. Alternatively, mix ingredients in a dish and whisk until well-combined and oil and vinegar are emulsified. You may choose to add more oil or more vinegar.
- Drizzle your dressing over salad when ready to serve.