You’ll love the flavors and textures in this sweet and savory fresh salad. Crunchy toasted nuts compliment the tangy blue cheese and sweet fruits. I love balsamic vinegar with fruits, and this one has a little fresh garlic and raw honey, creating complex and delicious accent.
- 8 cups fresh washed greens (pictured with 6 cups baby spinach and 2 cups chopped lettuce)
- 1 pear, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 2/3 cup walnut or pecan halves
- 4 oz. gorgonzola blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast your nuts. Heat them for a few minutes, turning with a spatula, until slightly golden and fragrant.
- I prefer to arrange this salad on a serving platter or individual plates so the heavier fruit and nuts do not sink to the bottom of a deep bowl. Layer salad in the order of ingredients listed.
- Mix your dressing ingredients in a lidded container and shake vigorously. Alternatively, mix ingredients in a dish and whisk until well-combined and oil and vinegar are emulsified. You may choose to add more oil or more vinegar.
- Drizzle your dressing over salad when ready to serve.