Sometimes the healthiest foods are not the biggest crowd pleaser! For me, I’ve realized that is often just a result of proper preparation. If you’re not currently a fan of broccoli, try this recipe and I bet you’ll change your mind. Roasted vegetables, like this are on my family dinner menu every single week. Crispy cheese, tangy lemon and a kick of garlic make this dish superb.
Broccoli has one of the most impressive profiles in the vegetable genre. It has a good amount of protein and fiber, thus good for digestion. It is loaded with vitamins, including your necessary B’s, cancer-fighting anti-oxidants, and lots of minerals. It has Alzheimers and Type 2 Diabetes fighting compounds as well. Try this alongside your favorite protein dish. Serves 4-6
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets.
- 2 garlic cloves or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400′. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy clean up) or just straight on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss broccoli florets in it until evenly covered. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until broccoli is roasted and bright green.