Do you ever have a dish at a favorite restaurant that you just wanna recreate to save a few hours and the hundred dollar check?! Here is one of mine…I bring to you, my version of a Middle Eastern (Shawarma) Oven Roasted Cauliflower Steak with the most heavenly cilantro lime purée sauce. In all of 30 minutes and $10 invested, I am in foodie heaven. It’s low-carb, keto friendly, vegan, and even paleo friendly!
This is a perfect phase 2 dish for those following along our Fast Eat Live journey. https://fasteatlive.com/
- 1 head cauliflower cut into rounds (1 inch thickness)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon quality salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- Pinch of cardamom
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.75 oz fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup (or NuNaturals No Sugar Maple Syrup)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup water (or more as needed)
- Preheat oven to 400′. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay cut cauliflower steaks evenly across tray. Add any pieces of cut cauliflower left to tray as well. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- In a small dish mix the following spices: turmeric, garlic, ginger, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom. Sprinkle evenly over oiled cauliflower steaks. Bake for about 20-23 minutes until roasted evenly. You can turn over one halfway through baking to ensure it’s roasting evenly.
- Meanwhile, while cauliflower cooks, mix you cilantro sauce. Add all ingredients for the sauce into a blender and purée. You may need to use a tamper to mix well. Add more water if needed.
- When cauliflower is done baking, arrange on a serving dish and drizzle with cilantro lime avocado sauce or use if for a dipping sauce.