Warm, creamy, fluffy texture, with an incredible savory and satisfying flavor! Similar to the ones sold at Starbucks, but easier on your wallet, these little bites make a perfect high protein, low-carb snack or simple nutritious breakfast. You can refrigerate them and reheat quite easily too. Seriously, it’s just 20 seconds in the microwave! They are also very versatile to a variety of ingredients, but I love this creation with Isernio’s chicken breakfast sausage, which can be purchased in a simple roll and measured out. (https://isernio.com/products/chicken-sausage-rolls/ ), a touch of salsa verde, Tillamook sharp cheddar, and finely chopped red pepper. These are Keto diet friendly.
The following recipe will fill a silicone mini 7-cup mold, as pictured. They are incredibly simple and quick to create in the instant pot, but could be adaptable to the oven as well if you do not have an instant pot. See below for suggested steps to adapt to the oven.
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup cooked sausage crumbles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1.5 Tablespoon salsa verde
- 2 Tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon diced green onion tops
- Spray your silicone mold with cooking spray. (I prefer olive oil, avocado oil, rather than canola oil, which is an inflammatory oil in our body.) In a skillet heat a little bit of olive oil. Sauté sausage and red pepper together until meat is browned and cooked through, and peppers are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a blender add eggs, cottage cheese, salsa verde, and cheddar cheese. Blend for at least 20 seconds until very smooth. Then add cooked pepper, sausage, and green onion and pulse a couple of times.
- Pour mixture into greased silicone mold, divided evenly between cups. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Into pressure cooker place the trivet that came with your pot. Then pour 1 cup of water into the pot. Lower foil covered mold into the pot and place on top of the trivet.
- Secure lid onto your instant pot. Set vent to “sealing”. Next “steam” for 10 minutes. After full pressure is reached the 10 minute countdown will begin.
- When the time is up, allow steal to release by itself for 10 minutes. Release any remaining steam manually. Then remove mold from instant pot. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then uncover and enjoy! You can also store in an airtight container refridgerated for a few days or freeze.
- Alternative cooking instructions for the oven: To achieve a similar consistency to the instant pot you will need to preheat oven to 325′. Follow steps 1-3. Fill a 9″x13″ baking dish halfway with water. Place foil covered silicone mold into the dish. Bake for about 60 minutes. You will want to check for doneness, since ovens can vary. Remove mold from pan and let sit for a few minutes before uncovering and enjoying. A second method for the oven: You can simply bake in a muffin tin, without the water bath, which will make firmer edges, and will not be as creamy and soft. However, the cooking time will be significantly shorter. In this case just bake for about 15 min, or check for eggs to be cooked through.
For those following along our Fast.Eat.Live. Journey these are perfect for Day 2-3!! To learn more about Fast.Eat.Live. go to: https://www.ignitestoredenergy.com