Potluck BBQ season has kicked off here again!!…Any reason for a fiesta, and I’m all in! One of my favorite things about throwing a party is the tasty and diverse array of little munchies, dips, and apps that accompany. This cheesy dip is protein packed, and even with corn as an ingredient, is relatively low-carb! It is delicious and I can bet the bowl will be scraped clean…This is perfect for a potluck appetizer. It is an easy one to make ahead and let the flavors marinate in the fridge before serving.
This recipe will make you a party-sized bowl to pair with a whole bag of chips!
I served with CHIPZ HAPPEN brand. Use code “FOODIE” today for 15% off your online order via their website. The all-natural San Diego Style restaurant chips with nutrient-rich Himalayan sea salt and a touch of lime paired so well. USE CODE “FOODIE”
You can also try it served with cut celery stalks, cucumber slices, bell pepper wedges, or julienned jicama for other crunchy low-carb options.
For those of you following our FAST.EAT.LIVE journey, this is a healthy dip option to enjoy during your Phase 3 eating!
- 12 oz. frozen (and defrosted) or freshly cooked corn
- 1 cup peeled and finely diced jicama
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapeños
- 1 3.5 oz. can fire-roasted chiles
- 1 cup cultured full fat sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup whole milk cottage cheese
- 4 scallions diced
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium sized bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, cottage, cheese, and garlic powder. Then add jalapeños, fire-roasted chiles, scallions and cheddar cheese. Mix with a spoon until well-combined. You can serve this at room temperature or chilled.