Traditional Irish Comfort Food, made low-carb and packed with satisfying savory deliciousness! This is a simple meal, but unforgettable! Even creamier than traditional mashed potatoes, this cauliflower mash will be your new favorite! The cauliflower mash is a great substitute for mashed potatoes for those following our Fast.Eat.Live. journey. Serve with traditional Irish banger sausages and a delicious onion gravy made with red wine.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons herb and garlic cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Steam cauliflower and garlic until tender.
- Place in a food processor, with cream cheese, butter, and salt, and process until smooth.
Bangers and Onion gravy
- 1 pound Irish Banger sausages
- 1 onion, sliced in wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1/3 cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Add banger sausages and sauté until browned and cooked thoroughly. Remove sausages and place them on a plate. Add remaining butter, add onion and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- Add 1 cup beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Then stir together remaining broth and arrowroot powder until mixed. Pour slowly into onion mixture in skillet. Add red wine and simmer for another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
cauliflower mash nutrition info