This dish is incredibly fresh, nutritious, and delicious! A zest of lemon and the savory crunch of pine nuts, make this bowl totally satisfying, but surprisingly healthy. You’ll love that its so low-carb and super simple to make. Kelp noodles just need to be rinsed, and they’re ready to use. This is as fresh and easy as it gets! Serve with “Low-carb Almond Parmesan Chicken Bites” to make it a filling protein-packed meal (as pictured)!
- 12 oz. kelp noodles
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 and 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup or more shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a bowl with water and immerse kelp noodles so they are covered with water. Sprinkle with sea salt and juice of 1/2 lemon. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet on low heat add garlic, avocado or olive oil, and butter. Heat until garlic is translucent. Add spinach to skillet and toss until wilted. Keep heat low so garlic doesn’t burn.
- Drain kelp noodles and place in a dish. Then add spinach and garlic mixture.
- In the skillet you cooked the spinach in, now toast your pine nuts. Toss with a spatula during cooking. When they are slightly golden and fragrant remove from the heat and add to kelp noodles.
- Finally, toss in your fresh basil, parmesan, and remaining lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.