Here is a healthy soup you can make when you need a meal in under 30 minutes. Delicious and savory! Great as a first course or perfect on it’s own too. Soups make a great hot lunch for the next day too because they are often even better after marinating hours in a fridge.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 zucchinis diced
- 4 large kale leaves, chopped with stems removed
- 1 quart chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans (optional)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt or according to taste
- Garnish with fresh herbs: basil, parsley, rosemary or oregano and a little Parmesan cheese
- In a stock pot on medium low heat oil. Add garlic and onions and sauté until tender.
- Add carrots and zucchini and sauté about 5 minutes, until tender, stirring as it cooks.
- Then add kale to wilt.
- Pour in chicken stock, diced tomatoes, garbanzo beans and dried herbs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for at least 10 min.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.