Time for a Winter’s night crockpot soup! It’s definitely the weather for it and I guarantee you’ll eat every last spoonful! This one is incredibly simple and so satisfying. (Serves 6-8)
- 1 ham bone from spiral cut ham and 2 cups diced ham
- 1 16 oz package split peas
- 8 cups water
- 2 small onions diced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 1/2 tsp ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Let sit in bowl a few minutes before serving to thicken up