Here is a simple appetizer that is sure to please: easy blue-cheesey ball of deliciousness! It is creamy, savory, and the perfect satisfying texture, with a bit of nutty crunch. I love to serve this ball with fresh sliced celery, cucumber rounds, or a very crisp cracker. The cream cheese tones down the pungent blue cheese, while the lemon and onion accents give it the perfect zest. Try this for your next gathering and the plate will be cleared before you know it!
- One 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles (I prefer gorgonzola)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion (green part) or chive
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Your favorite hot sauce to taste (usually a few drips)
- In a medium bowl mix together: cream cheese, blue cheese, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and chive until will combined.
- On a plate or shallow bowl spread finely chopped nuts.
- Roll your cheese mixture into a ball with your hands. Then roll ball in chopped nuts until covered thoroughly. Press nuts into ball slightly. Then wrap in plastic wrap and smooth shape again. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It is best served the same day!
- Serve with crackers, celery sticks, cucumber rounds or other! (oh, and a little wine doesn’t hurt 😉