It’s not a Mexican inspired meal without a fantastic fresh salsa! Here is my personal favorite combo I’ve tweaked to my taste. Use fresh ripe tomatoes for optimal flavor. Rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, folate and more, Homemade salsa is extremely healthy.
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 jalapeño (seeds included if you like it hot)
- dash or 2 of your favorite hot sauce (I loveTabasco or Cholula sauce)
- If you like your salsa chunky, dice tomatoes, onions and cilantro
- Otherwise, if you like restaurant style, put all ingredients in your vitamix or other blender and blend until it is your desired consistence.
- Serve with corn chips or top your egg dishes, burritos or tacos!