Cheesy, spicy, and incredible texture in these easy appetizer bites! If you love cheese-stuffed anything like I do, you’ve probably had some version of these in your life. They look so fun on a plate, but they are also surprisingly easy to make. These tasty little bites are also a perfect party appetizer or anytime snack!
I combined some favorite ingredients, which in most savory dishes for me, includes….BACON. I gave the recipe my own spin with a touch of salsa verde, because I just love salsa and I find any opportunity to add some into my recipes.
If you’re following along our Fast.Eat.Live. journey (more info: https://www.ignitestoredenergy.com ) these are a perfect and tasty low-carb snack that will align with your day 2-3 goals, which leans toward a modified keto eating plan!
Makes 24 poppers.
- 12 Jalapeños (I am for peppers that are 3″-4″ in length)
- 12 Slices of bacon, cut in halves
- 8 oz. Cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I use white cheddar)
- 2 Tablespoons salsa verde
- 2 scallions (green parts), diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. To ensure your bacon is crispier on the bottom, you may choose to place a wire rack on top of parchment paper and cook your poppers on top of this. Otherwise, you can also bake straight on the parchment.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise and remove seeds.
- In a bowl mix together 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, diced scallions, and the salsa verde.
Spoon cream cheese mixture into each jalapeño half, just until filled. The cheese mixture will spill over when cooking, if overflowing too much.
- Then, wrap bacon around each filled jalapeño one and secure ends with a toothpick. Place each popper on parchment paper lined baking sheet or on wire racks on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-18 min until your bacon is well cooked. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your bacon.
Then, set oven to broil and cook poppers for about 2 min to brown tops, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on paper towels. Enjoy!