For all you nut butter, chocolate, and coconut lovers, this recipe is for you!
I have been making all sorts of protein balls over the years and I think I’ve found a favorite combination of ingredients! These are packed with nutrition, but also satisfy a craving for a treat. My fitness trainer husband wanted a quick protein bite option to have post-workout and these are perfect. Remember to eat a protein snack within 40 min after your work-out to assist with rebuilding muscle! Two balls are about 7.5 gm of healthy protein.
These are grain-free delectable little bites that need no baking. It takes just minutes to throw ingredients in a blender. I prefer a whey protein powder that is stevia-sweetened. Raisins add additional sweetness, but If you want your snack sweeter use chocolate chips in place of raw cacao nibs in this recipe. Otherwise, there is no added sugar, just a variety of nuts, coconut oil seeds, and a spicy kick if you like (cayenne pepper). These are deliciously satisfying. Store in a refrigerated airtight container.
Recipe makes about 30 balls
- 1/2 cup all-natural nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter or other)
- 1 cup favorite nut combination (walnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashew)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 cup packed raisins
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (or hemp seeds or a combo)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (blends better if softened)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs (less sweet and higher nutritional content)
- 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder (I prefer a whey & casein)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or more if you like a kick in these as I do! (plus cayenne pepper is a great little immune boost)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut for rolling balls in
- Put all ingredients in Vitamix or equivalent blender. Mix on medium speed, using a tamper until it becomes a paste.
- Scoop out of the Vitamix and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Then roll in shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate to hold shape and create the perfect texture.
bkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; background-position: 3px 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;”>Save