I bring you a Sweet Potato Hummus plate on this sunny Saturday! Try this variation on hummus and serve with fresh cut veggies and pita bread or chips. Here is a perfect afternoon snack to compliment the Spring colors everywhere💐🌱 Sweet potatoes are known to help with blood sugar regulation. They’re an excellent source of fiber and vitamins and low in carbs and fats. Additionally, the purple sweet potatoes provide a high dose of anti-oxidants. The specific antioxidant is known as anthocyanin, giving these tasty treats their gorgeous pigment. You can prepare this recipe with traditional orange flesh ones too!
You can add a variety of spices or even curry, but kids seem to prefer just this basic recipe at my house!
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained (or 2 cups cooked)
- 3 small cooked organic Purple Sweet Potatoes mashed with skin removed (equal to about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbs tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 small lemons juiced (about 4 Tbs)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- You can use a powerful blender like a Vitamix for this recipe or a food processor to puree your ingredients.
- First add water, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and blend a few seconds.
- Then add salt, cumin, garbanzo beans, sweet potato and tahini.
- I prefer to use my tamper with my Vitamix to blend evenly.
- Store in a lidded container in the fridge for days and you have a perfect snack to pull out whenever you need