I can’t stop eating this, and I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to either! It’s crafted with high antioxidant dark chocolate, coconut cream with a savory salty nutty crust, so is gluten and grain free. The added coconut cream, is loaded with your necessary omegas. Try this simple recipe for your next decadent dessert or celebration!
- 1 3/4 cups almond meal, course ground
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 14 oz. can coconut cream
- 17 oz. Belgian dark chocolate (75%) chips or bar(s) broken into chunks
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- garnish: kosher or flakey salt and/or shredded coconut
- Fresh berries to serve with
- pinch of cayenne (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350′. Then, start by making your crust. Stir all crust ingredients in a bowl until mixed thoroughly. Press evenly into a 9″ quiche or tart pan with removable bottom. Bake in your preheated oven for about 10-12 min. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan.
- Next, prepare your filling. Use two sizes of saucepans. In the first one, fill with a couple inches of water and heat to boiling. While heating, place your smaller saucepan inside the larger one (with water). In the smaller saucepan, add coconut cream and chocolate pieces. Stir frequently as the chocolate and coconut cream heat together. Continue to stir until blended thoroughly and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla, maple syrup, sea salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour chocolate filling into prepare crust. Let cool for about 30 minutes on the counter. Then place in the refrigerator and let firm up for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with kosher salt or flaked sea salt and shredded coconut if you like. Dessert is best served chilled with fresh berries!