Bacon with Brussels sprouts…I promise you won’t be able to stop eating them! This side dish couldn’t be simpler, but oh so delectable. If you choose to add onions to the dish, they become caramelized. Also, consider topping with a spoon of salsa verde for an extra zest of flavor.
- 4 cups brussels sprouts cut in halves
- 6 slices all-natural bacon strips cut into 1″ pieces (or “ends and pieces” work too)
- Olive oil to drizzle (about 2 Tbs)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 small white or red onion sliced into thin wedges
- Preheat oven to 425′-450′. Lay Halved Brussels sprouts in baking dish.
- Place bacon pieces on top of Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes. Halfway through baking toss with a spatula, so they roast evenly.