Colorful Quinoa Herb Salad is perfect for Memorial Day pot-lucking!?? It’s absolutely delicious and nutritious. Made with the “ancient grain” quinoa, which is technically a seed, and is known to be a complete protein. It also boasts a huge immune boost with the fresh garlic, lemon and tomatoes. It’s a favorite of mine to serve as a side dish to keep in the fridge for weekday lunches for days or as a take-along dish. It’s a salad that doesn’t wilt and sits well at room temp! (Also, see the posted recipe for Herbed Salmon as a main dish accompaniment.)
- 1.5 cups of dry quinoa (should yield about 4.5 cups when cooked)
- 1.5 cups halved cherry tomatoes or any tomato variety diced
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped favorite fresh herbs (ie. mix of basil and Italian parsley)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool (place in the fridge if you need it to cool quickly.)
- In a small dish mix: olive oil, juice of the lemon, fresh garlic, and salt.
- In a medium-large bowl mix: cooled quinoa, tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
- Toss in dressing and feta cheese (if using).