This just might be your most favorite rice dish ever! Sweet and savory, creamy and crunchy. It is sure to transport you to the tropics for a moment! See post for macadamia crusted Mahi Mahi as the perfect main dish to accompany.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 20 oz can or jar pineapple chunks or tidbits in pineapple juice
- 14.5 oz can coconut cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Add rice, water, the juice from canned pineapple (about 1 cup) and coconut cream to your lidded pot with salt and garlic. Simmer for about 20 min. (Some of the heavy liquid may sit on top, so check to make sure your bottom isn’t burning and stir. The coconut cream should soak right in.)
- While rice is cooking, toast coconut flakes. Spread on baking sheet and toast at 350′ for just a few minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Stir all ingredients in with cooked rice: pineapple chunks, cashews, coconut flakes, scallions, and cilantro.