Melted butter, a touch of brown sugar, fresh sage leaves from our herb garden and BACON roasted in acorn squash make this a perfect fall side! 🍁We’ve all had the butter and brown sugar version right?, but I wanted a little less sweet and more exotic flavor this time. I doubled this recipe to feed my family of 5.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 T butter
- 1 T brown sugar or pure maple syrup
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 raw bacon slice cut up in small pieces
- Salt & pepper
- Cut acorn squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place in a baking dish (skin side down) and pour about 1/2 inch water in dish.
- Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and sugar together in a pan or in microwave.
- Brush into inside of squash
- Divide bacon and sage between squash halves and set on top of butter.
- Bake at 425′ for about an hour, until squash is soft.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes before digging in…if you can😉