How much nutrition and flavor can you load into 2 cups? This bowl is jam-packed, and oh so delicious. It is creamy and thick, like a perfect soft-serve ice cream! Açaí bowls are rich in flavor and can be made with a variety of additional fruits, vegetables or other tasty add-ins. I love the creamy texture a little avocado gives here. You’ll love the freshness of the lime juice in this!
I wanted the extra protein boost after my work-out, so a scoop of grass-fed whey protein enhanced this recipe. Feel free to add any other favorite protein powder, which may include pea, hemp, soy, or other. I also added a good quality nutritional green superfood powder, which I like to put in our smoothies. These are a great supplement to your diet to increase your vitamin and mineral stores. There are a number of good quality brands out there, so if you have questions about these, feel free to contact me! Enjoy this delicious bowl with any toppings! This recipe makes about 2 cups (1 large cereal bowl-sized serving, or 2 smaller servings)
- 1 packet frozen sweetened or unsweetened açaí purée
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, or other)
- 2/3 cup frozen berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 small avocado (or 1/4 large)
- 1 handful greens (spinach or kale work well)
- 1/2 scoop green superfood powder
- 1 scoop/serving protein powder (nutrition label below reflects whey protein)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Put your ingredients in powerful blender in the order listed, squeezing lime juice over the top. I use a Vitamix, but comparable brands work fine. The more powerful your blender is the smoother the texture will be. Blend until well puréed.
- Add additional toppings. I like seeds, fresh fruit, or nuts in this bowl. This is pictured with coconut and walnuts.