Mmmm…happy Wednesday! If you’re a nut Butter fan like me, try this! Yes I do love peanut butter, but sunflower seed butter is tasty too and has more unsaturated fat, zinc, iron, and vitamin E than peanut butter! Plus it’s typically allergen free, so not a concern to send in school lunches with your kids as a sandwich spread or apple dip! In this breakfast bowl I add raw cacao nibs to supercharge your system! I could go on for days about all the nutrition packed in a little Raw cacao (Not to be confused with cocoa, which you can also use in this bowl, but has more limited health benefits). Raw cacao is one of the highest anti-oxidant foods you can get, with anti-aging and cancer fighting properties. It has the ability to increase energy and enhance mood, fights tooth decay, sunburns, and even coughs. I know, sounds like a made up miracle pill, but it’s true…go look it up yourself! And I’m only listing a few health benefits.
Serves 2 bowls
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond, coconut, hemp or soy milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 T sunflower seed butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp raw cacao nibs or 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- Put all ingredients in a powerful blender in the order listed and blend away!
- Top with Raw Cacao nibs, drizzled sunflower butter, sunflower seeds, sliced banana, sliced dried figs, homemade granola or any other topping of choice