Smoothie Bowls are a delicious way to add the essential nutrient-rich fresh fruits and vegetables into our diet! This recipe is packed with immune-boosting ingredients! It’s thick consistency makes it spoon ready, but if you want to add more liquid and sip through a straw
Try adding in a high quality green powder to help achieve your (or your kids’) daily recommended a dose of veggies! What is a green powder? It’s a whole lotta serving of fruits and vegetables(sometimes as much as 12!) that have been gently freeze-dried into a water-soluble powder.These are a great way to pack in more anti-oxidants, a diverse serving of both land and sea vegetables, include nondairy probiotics, digestive enzymes, and immune-supporting herbs. Look for a brand that is non-GMO and organic, uses well-researched ingredients, no artificial sweeteners, colors or sugar and is of high quality.
Contact me if you want some recommendations of my personal favorites! They are not all created equal and some are much tastier than others. Here is a favorite VEGAN smoothie bowl, perfect for fall. This recipe will make about 2 servings.
- 1/2 cup coconut, almond, hemp milk or other (add more liquid if you want it runnier)
- 1frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 packet frozen acai
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2-inch piece fresh peeled ginger
- 1 scoop/serving green powder
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix or other powerful blender in order listed.
- Blend until completely smooth, like a soft-serve ice cream
- Distribute between bowls and top with your favorite additions (ie. cut fresh fruit, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, granola or other) I drizzled mango kefir on this bowl!